For the fifth time since the event first launched in 2013, the Online Facilitation Unconference (OFU) will take place this October 15-21, once again alongside and as part of International Facilitation Week.
This year, we’re introducing a few minor changes to the overall format based on feedback we received last year. We will be offering a few pre-scheduled “warm-up” sessions earlier in the week (roughly Tuesday through Thursday, details to be announced) to give participants a chance to:
- Put something on their calendar (before the unconference schedule starts to emerge later in the week)
- Meet a first few of their fellow participants
- Get exposed to key virtual facilitation topics (this is particularly relevant for beginners)
- Get their creative juices flowing with regard to potential session topics they want to see at the unconference
These sessions could take various forms and would look something like this:
- Take anywhere from 30 to 90 minutes
- Delivered by one or two hosts/presenters
- Cover a tool, concept, project or story (or whatever else comes to mind) related to facilitation in the virtual realm
- Provide participants with food for thought
If you’re interested in hosting one of these sessions, please get in touch. Presenters will receive a small honorarium plus free entry to OFU for themselves and one friend.
We hope to start announcing the first sessions early next week. Thanks!